Residence Halls Information
The University of Delaware Residence Halls house over 7,000 students on geographically
diverse areas of campus that are near to classroom, laboratory and
administrative buildings. There is a dining hall within a short walk
of all residence halls; and fitness centers, recreational facilities, and
campus convenience markets in each neighborhood.
All residence halls feature fire alarm
and suppression systems including individual room smoke detectors
and sprinkler heads. In addition, all halls are locked twenty four
hours a day and have security system featuring door alarms
and a key card entry system restricting access to only those residing
in the building. All halls are smoke free and include public area lounges,
laundry and kitchen facilities, TVs, mailboxes and quiet study spaces.
Room furnishings include single beds which may be bunked by calling 831-1141,
dressers, desks and study chairs, lighting, wastebasket, closets or wardrobes
and window treatments. Mattresses are 36 inches wide by 80 inches long,
requiring extra-long fitted sheets. Kitchenette and living area furnishings
are provided in on-campus apartments. You need to provide your own linen, dishes,
pots and pans, utensils, and paper products. All University furnishings and
facilities are identified with barcode labels. Please do not remove these labels.
There is a range of options for living environments from single-sex halls to coed
by room or floor, and rooms, suites and apartments that accommodate from one to five other roommates,
and options for living by oneself.
Students should call 302-831-4663 for Residence Life & Housing information.
Residence Hall FAQ
Floor plan views may have issues on mobile devices. To view floor plans please access this site from a non-mobile browser.
Located on the Green, North Central residence halls include Harter, Sharp, Sypherd and Brown.
- The beds in Brown Hall are adjustable, at the lowest setting you will have 11" under the bed, at the highest setting you will have 31" under the bed.
- The dressers measure 45" high x 30" wide x 19 1/2" deep. Each dresser has 5 drawers. The drawer measures 26" wide x 15" deep.
- The desks in Brown Hall have a drop down leaf for extra work space, the leaf measures 12" deep x 42" wide.
- Double rooms include 2 beds (twin, extra long), 2 dressers, 2 desks w/chairs.
- Rooms have white tile floors, two windows with window shades and one ceiling light.
- Near Main Street and Trabant University Center.
- All on-campus residence halls and apartments are smoke-free environments.
- All rooms have UD cable TV and UD network connections.
- Brown Hall has a fire alarm system and fire protection sprinklers.
- The apartment has a loveseat 52" X 36" and a club chair that is 36" X 36". The dining table is 28" X 28" and also has two chairs.
- Brown Hall is not air conditioned.
- Floor plans depict bunked and unbunked beds. When you move into your room please call 831-1141 to have your beds bunked or unbunked.
Actual room layout may vary from images shown.